Jailbreak is currently in early beta. Developers advise against installing it on the main device; stable operation is not guaranteed.
Checkra1n supports all devices with iOS 12.3 and higher released between iPhone 5s and iPhone X. Except:
▪️ iPad Air 2
▪️ 5th generation
iPad ▪️ 1st generation iPad Pro
On some gadgets, jailbreak may not be installed immediately:
▪️ iPhone 5c
▪️ iPad mini 2
▪️ iPad mini 3
▪️ iPad Air
Subsequently, all of the above devices will be supported and work stably.
Important: everything you do is at your own peril and risk. Apple is against jailbreaking, banking applications may stop working, and the system will become insecure.
1. Back up your iPhone in case something goes wrong. How to do this, you can read in our instructions .
2. If you have active updates available, delete them in the menu Settings → General → iPhone Storage → System .
3. Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
How to install
1. Go to the Checkra1n website and download the utility. So far, only macOS is supported, the Windows version will appear later
2. Move the Checkra1n file to the Applications folder and run it. If the system displays a warning, click Open.
3. Connect the iPhone to the computer, unlock it, click the Trust button
4. In the Checkra1n program, click the Start button . After that, you need to put the device into recovery mode
5. When the utility completes, the iPhone restarts and the Checkra1n application appears on the desktop
6. Open it and download Cydia
Jailbreak Checkra1n is based on the vulnerability Checkm8 , which in September this year was found in processors A5 – A11. It is located in the Bootrom section. IOS updates do not affect it, so Apple cannot fix the error. [ Reddit ]