At the presentation on March 25, Apple showed the streaming service Apple TV +, which will be available in the fall – the company did not name more exact dates. Content in it will be distributed by subscription, the cost of which is still unknown.
The Apple TV + projects were presented by directors, actors and TV hosts – from Jason Momoa and Oprah Winfrey to JJ Abrams and Steven Spielberg.
According to the presentation, users of the service at the start will be able to watch at least a few more original shows, series and films. Many of these projects were previously known . The first frames from the show were shown during the broadcast: they are available in the video on the Apple website.
- The Morning Show (“Morning Show”) – a drama series about what is happening behind the scenes of television programs. Starring: Reese Witherspoon (“Big Little Lies”), Jennifer Aniston (“Friends”) and Steve Carell (“Office”);
- Amazing Stories (“Amazing Stories”) – a restart of the science fiction series, filmed on the idea of Stephen Spielberg. The original came out in 1985-1987 and closed after two seasons (45 episodes). The restart will take place around the pilot of World War II, who has fallen into our time;
- See (“Look”) – fantasy with the star of “Aquamen” Jason Momoa in the title role about the post-apocalypse, in which all people lost their sight. The series also starred Alfrey Woodard (Luke Cage, Planet Ka-Pax);
- Are you sleeping? (“Are you sleeping?”) – a mystical drama with Oscar winner Octavia Spencer in the title role based on the crime novel Kathleen Barber;
- Two unnamed documentaries from television presenter Oprah Winfrey – the theme of the first will be harassment, and the second will address mental health problems;
- Little Voice is a romantic drama produced by director JJ Abrams (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) and singer Sarah Barellis;
- Little America is a comedic anthology based on the stories of real immigrants in the United States. Among the producers – Kumeil Nanzhiani, known including the series “Silicon Valley”;
- “Helpsters” – children’s educational show;
What other projects can you expect from Apple when you start the service
- Dickinson – a biopic about the American poet Emily Dickinson with Hayley Steinfeld (Iron Grip, Bumblebee) in the title role;
- An unnamed series in the psychological thriller genre from M. Knight Shyamalan (“The Sixth Sense”, “Split”, “Glass”). It is supposed to have 10 episodes;
- Central Park (“Central Park”) – an animated musical from the creators of “Snack Bob” Loren Bouchard and Norah Smith. One of the roles will be voiced by Josh Gad (Frozen);
- Home – a documentary series from the director of Studio 54 Matt Tyrnaur about luxury homes owned by non-celebrities;
- An unnamed series with Bree Larson (“Room,” Captain Marvel “);
- An unnamed project from Damien Chazella (La La Land, Man on the Moon);
- Unnamed projects with the participation of Ben Stiller, Richard Gere and Bill Murray;
- An unnamed project from directors John Favreau (Spider-Man: Away from Home, The Lion King), Spike Lee (The Black Clan Man) and David S. Goyer (Blade 3).